1. Kicking around the studio in my favorite shoes from Ross Dress for Less. They are "Bob's" brand. And not to be confused with "Tom's." I think they donate like...5% of their profits to charity instead of 10%. Bob's. The lesser brand.
2. Pulled over on the side of the road on the way home to take a pretty sunset photo. This is a country-ish road that runs the same way as the freeway and leads to my house. I love it. There is a funky ol' farm along the way with goats and tons of chickens and a Pyrenees Mountain Dog who guards the place from coyotes, but really looks like he's just sleeping most of the time.
3. View from the backyard of my house. Love the blue house. I've taken many photos of this over the past few years. I love this little hill behind us.
4. One of the two drummers that played on my album. Took this of him last week when we tracked the rest of the drums. I've known him for about 20 years. Same with most others who are part of this project with me. It's hard to explain how I feel about this, but it's incredibly deep. This process...oh my goodness. So. Fun. And...I am having the honor of some other amazing, amazing players on this album. More about that later.
5. A photo I just came across of Amma as a puppy. She used to sleep like this all the time. My kids used to sleep with their arms way out too when they were babies. I wonder what that is all about.
6. My chickens and ducks. Love is too weak a word. Brad is about to frame out a new coop for me. I mean for them.
7. The last two batches of muffins I baked were not very appreciated by others who live in the house. I guess I haven't really perfected the non-gluten muffin. I think I'm too busy to figure out or find the perfect muffin recipe right now. A woman can only do so much.
8. I sewed so much last week for a few orders. My arms went numb.
I'm going to be back soon and share more....