1. I had an article published on the front of the BlogHer website. So delighted and honored. It's about coming back to my music career and how exciting and challenging it can be to re-connect with your passion after motherhood. Check it out here.
2. Health. Ok, you all know I had a BAD two months. Just one thing after another and MD visits and acupuncture sessions and all of that. I am finally feeling GREAT again, back to my old self. One thing I think really helped was improving my diet. Cutting out caffeine, alcohol and eating alkaline foods. It was tough the first few days, but then it got really easy.
Here is a sample of an alkaline smoothie I made:
handful soaked almonds
a few dates
bit of Maca powder
tablespoon Chia seeds
dash of cinnamon
dash of Real Salt.
This is so delicious, and SO good for you. It keeps me going for hours. Packed with nutrition, good fats and protein! Throw a few kale leaves in if you want some greens!
3. Continuing on with health ~ I wish I was rich and could get 2 of these juices a day. Juice Ranch is an amazing little mom and pop juice bar in Santa Barbara (one in LA, too) and their juices are SO good. And their concoctions that they come up with are SO AMAZING. Such killer blends. I got the "Fennel in the Machine." SO YUMMY. I did the math and to buy two a day for a month would cost me about $600. So. I think I just need to replace my juicer that broke.
4. Sunflowers. Sigh. About the only thing that looks good in my parched drought-ridden yard. Droughts SUCK and that's all there is to it. : (
5. Yep. If your local, SAVE THE DATE. My album release party at Soho in Santa Barbara is gonna ROCK.
Thanks for everyone who joined the giveaway last week!! (Winners were contacted.)
Lots of Love,